What caught my attention in week eighteen, 2023
It was a rather quiet week. Anyhow, in continuation to week seventeen, here are a few things that caught my attention in week eighteen, 2023:
- 🚴♂️ This weekend, I took part in a road bike ride organized by a club (in Germany, they are called RTF, Radtourenfahrt). I was about two thirds of the time part of a small group of four, we had quite a lot of fun on the bike and at the end of the 104 km long tour, an average speed of 29 km/h was displayed on my bike computer. That was not at all slow for my conditions and so I felt then also the rest of the day: exhausted but satisfied. 😅
- 🐘 After a long beta period Mona for Mastodon was finally released and is available in the App Store for iOS and macOS. I was happy to buy the Mona Pro Max for Spring upgrade. When I look at the Bluesky hype, I sometimes think if it wouldn't have been better for Mastodon if Ivory and Mona would have distributed only sporadic testflight invites for ever. 🤣
- 🐘 Topiary: trim your followers received an update.
- 📺 I didn't know until now that there are alternative front-end interfaces for youtube (Invidious, Piped) and with Yattee an iOS client for them.1
- 😡 1Password has become IMHO very annoying, but as long as there is no iCloud family sharing (BTW Apple's family sharing ... never mind) I'll try not to get too upset.
- 🖊️ Another week, another PKM tool that looks interesting: Capacities - A studio for your mind. But I will stick to Obsidian and Logseq. 😎
- 🐍 There was a update to Pythonista 3 on iOS. Unfortunately, I can't find enough time lately to keep practicing Python programming. I urgently need to change that, otherwise I will again lose everything I learnt last year. Oh well, there are just too few hours in the day. 😢
- ↓ I don't use download managers or bittorrent clients regularly, but I bookmarked Motrix. Maybe it will become handy someday.
- 📱 Started reevaluating Markdown & Text Actions.
- 🟨 One of the recent Playdate firmware updates seemed to have fixed my battery drain issues. 🥳
- 🍿 Watched The Matrix (1999) with my oldest son. I had completely forgotten how "up to date" the subject is and a lot of fun after so long to watch this movie again. (I hope I can get around the sequels, though).
- 📺 No TV shows this week but that means a lot of fun with Ted Lasso the next week.
- 🎙 Not that many podcasts this week. I enjoyed the birdsongs instead: Accidental Tech Podcast: 532: The Meat Part of Multitasking, Hemispheric Views: 083: People Like Depreciation Corner!2, The Talk Show With John Gruber: 373: ‘This Guy Reads a Lot Better’, With Quinn Nelson, and The Talk Show With John Gruber: 374: ‘The Paul McCartney of Car Salesmen’, With John Moltz.
- I haven't quite figured it all out yet, but here seems to be a usable server list.↩︎
- Yes, I am Marco - but not Polo - from Mastodon 😂↩︎